Saturday, March 19, 2011

Out for dinner

 

I went to a banquet this evening at a posh downtown hotel.  Decided I'd 'push the envelope' and wear the Max Mara dress with tights and my grey boots.  Purchased a new belt to wear with it.  I think the outfit works, I was comfortable in it, didn't feel under dressed.  And I got a compliment from a young woman whose style I admire.
detail of the belt.  I have another black dress that I can wear it with as well, so I'm justifying the full price purchase.

And I think my gift pearls from Hostess of the Humble Bungalow will work with a new shirtdress I purchased.

Further to my last post, they have formed a coalition to coordinate animal rescue in Japan.

4 comments:

  1. Your outfit looks great!

    Thanks for the link about the Japan animal rescue too. I'd hoped there was some sort of coordinated effort, but hadn't seen anything in the news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this outfit...you look great!
    I wondered about the animals in Japan...thank you for posting this link.

    I'll look forward to seeing the new dress and pearls together.
    Take care,
    Hostess
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the compliments.

    I'm so glad that we are like-minded about helping the animals in Japan. If you find the donation page is all Japanese, the top righthand item lets you switch to English.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress is really refreshing! And the black belt is an essential accessory!
    Thank you for the link :)!!

    ReplyDelete