Monday, November 2, 2009

dogs

Talking to K. on the weekend. She lost her Rottweiler to cancer about the same time I lost Yo. She knows someone who has two rottis and have to find a home for one as they are moving. so she may be getting another dog. she still has Dusty as her screen saver, just like I have a picture of Yo on my desk. I should scan some of my photos of him.

She really thought she wanted a puppy. Not me, I wouldn't take on a pup at this stage. The adult dogs I've rescued have ended up being just as loyal as a pup. Wojo, the dog who came from the dog pound and had been abused seemed even more grateful for a good home.

I've been going back and forth about whether to get another dog. Some days I get on the Greyhound rescue sites and think how easy it would be. Other days I'm not so sure. It's a big committment, more so than with the cats. Plus lack of space now that I have more cats.

Mind you if someone showed up with a Ridgeback who needed a home, I think I'd jump right in.

No comments:

Post a Comment